The quertix.com website (the “Site“), operated by Quertix SAS, whose registered office is located at 87 Quai de Queyries – 33100 Bordeaux and registered with the Bordeaux Trade and Companies Registry under number 901 657 627, collects certain personal data from its users.
This document can be printed for reference using the print command in any browser settings.
Definitions and legal references
Any information which, directly, indirectly or in combination with other information – including a personal identification number – allows the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information automatically collected through this Site (or third-party services used in this Site), which may include: IP addresses or domain names of computers used by Users who use this Site, URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses, time of request, method used to submit the request to the server, size of file received in response, numeric code indicating the status of the server response (hit, error, etc.), country of origin, country of destination, and other information. ), the country of origin, the characteristics of the browser and operating system used by the User, the various temporal details per visit (e.g., the name of the user, the date and time of the visit, etc.), the country of origin, the date and time of the visit, and the date and time of the visit. ), the country of origin, the characteristics of the browser and operating system used by the user, the various time details per visit (e.g. the time spent on each page of the Site) and the details concerning the path followed on the Site, in particular the sequence of the pages visited, as well as other parameters concerning the operating system of the device and/or the computer environment of the user.
The person who uses this Site and who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the data subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Processor (or Data Controller)
Data Controller (or Owner)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data, including security measures relating to the operation and use of the Site. The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the owner of the Site.
The quertix.com website, through which the User’s Personal Data is collected and processed.
Where applicable, the service provided by the Site as described in the relevant terms and conditions (if available) and on this Site.
Unless otherwise stated, any reference to the European Union in this document includes all current member states of the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Cookies are tracers consisting of small sets of data stored in the user’s browser.
Tracker refers to any technology – for example, cookies, unique identifiers, web beacons, embedded scripts, electronic tags and fingerprints – that allows users to be tracked, for example by accessing or storing information on the user’s device.
This privacy statement has been drawn up on the basis of the provisions of multiple pieces of legislation, in particular Art. 13/14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
Owner and controller of the data
Owner of the site and controller of the data collected: Quertix SAS, whose registered office is located at 87 Quai de Queyries – 33100 Bordeaux and registered with the Bordeaux Trade and Companies Register under number 901 657 627.
Owner’s contact email: [email protected]
Types of data collected
The Site collects Personal Data such as usage data, in particular through the use of Trackers integrated on the Site.
Personal Data may be freely provided by the User or, in the case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using the Site.
Unless otherwise specified, all Data requested by this Site are optional but failure to provide them may result in the Site being unable to provide certain services.
Users are responsible for all third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through the Site and confirm that they have the consent of the third party to provide the Data to the Owner.
How and where the Data is processed
Methods of processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification or destruction of the Data.
Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT tools, following organisational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved in the operation of this Site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or to external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communication agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. An updated list of these parties can be requested from the Owner at any time.
Legal basis for processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if any of the following apply:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under certain legislation, the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out“), without having to rely on consent or any of the other following legal bases. This does not apply, however, where the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection legislation;
- the provision of the Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations of the User;
- the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or a third party.
In all cases, the Owner will be happy to help clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a legal or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and at any other location of the parties involved in the processing.
Depending on the location of the User, data transfers may involve the transfer of the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about where such transferred Data is processed, Users can consult the section containing details on the processing of Personal Data.
Users also have the right to inquire about the legal basis for transfers of Data to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or established by two or more countries, such as the United Nations, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If such a transfer takes place, Users can find out more by consulting the relevant sections of this document or by making enquiries to the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data is processed and retained for as long as required for the purpose for which it was collected.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the execution of a contract between the Owner and the User will be kept until the full execution of said contract.
- Personal Data collected for the purpose of the Owner’s legitimate interests will be kept for as long as necessary to achieve these purposes. Users can find specific information about the Owner’s legitimate interests in the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be permitted to retain Personal Data for a longer period where the User has given consent to such processing, so long as such consent is not withdrawn. In addition, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period when this is necessary for the performance of a legal obligation or by order of an authority.
Once the retention period has expired, the Personal Data will be deleted. Therefore, the right of access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the retention period has expired.
The purposes of the processing
User Data is collected to enable the Owner to provide its Service, to comply with its legal obligations, to respond to requests for performance, to protect its rights and interests (or those of its Users or third parties), to detect malicious or fraudulent activity, and the following: Analytics, Hosting and backend infrastructure and Backup and management.
For specific information on the Personal Data used for each purpose, the User may refer to the section “Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data”.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and with the following services:
The services contained in this section allow the Owner to monitor and analyse web traffic and can be used to track User behaviour.
Autopilot (AutopilotHQ, Inc.)
Autopilot is an analysis service provided by AutopilotHQ, Inc.
Personal data processed: Tracker; Usage data.
Backup and Backup Management
This type of service allows the Owner to save and manage backups of the Site on external servers managed by the service provider itself. The backups may include the source code and content as well as the data that the User provides to the Site.
OVH Storage and backup (OVH S.A.S.)
OVH Storage and backup is a backup and backup management service provided by OVH S.A.S.
Hosting and backend infrastructure
The purpose of this type of service is to host Data and files that enable the Site to function and be distributed and to provide a ready-made infrastructure to run specific features or parts of the Site.
Some of the services listed below, if any, may operate through geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the actual location where Personal Data is stored.
OVHcloud (OVH S.A.S.)
OVHcloud is a hosting and backend service provided by OVH S.A.S.
Personal data processed: Usage data.
Users may exercise certain rights with respect to their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw their consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to the processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access to their Data. Users have the right to learn whether any Data is being processed by the Owner, to obtain information about certain aspects of the processing and to obtain a copy of the Data being processed.
- Verify and request rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and to request that it be updated or corrected.
- Limit the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storage.
- Have their Personal Data erased or deleted. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to have their Data deleted by the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and, if technically possible, to have it transferred to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract to which the User is a party or on pre-contractual obligations of the User.
- Filing a complaint. Users have the right to lodge a complaint with their competent data protection authority.
Details on the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a reason related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users should be aware that, however, if their Personal Data is processed for direct marketing purposes, they may object to such processing at any time without providing a reason. To find out whether the Owner processes Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any request to exercise the User’s rights may be addressed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. Such requests may be exercised free of charge and will be processed by the Owner as soon as possible and always within one month.
Further information on data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in court or in the steps leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of the Site or related Services.
The User declares that he/she is aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data at the request of public authorities.
Additional information on the User’s personal data
System Logs and Maintenance
For operational and maintenance purposes, the Site and any third-party service may collect files that record interaction with the Site (system logs) and use other Personal Data (such as IP address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this Policy
Further details regarding the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Site does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
If the changes affect processing activities carried out on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner will need to obtain new consent from the User, if applicable.
Last update: 24 August 2021